The team at Rental Trends are very good. They tell me exactly what needs to be done and I trust their recommendations, trust the directness and find all the team to be learned in the legislation. They are always willing to provide me with the facts. Annie Longman
12 Aug 2017
- Winter Wine - The inaugural Winter Wine festival is on at Sanctuary Cove this weekend, with a wine trail through the Marina Village, pop-up vineyard, masterclasses, live music and gourmet food from the top village chefs.1 Masthead Dr, Marina Village. Aug 12 4pm-7pm; Aug 13, 14 1pm-7pm. Free entry
- West End to Broadway in the Reservoir - Brisbane's most atmospheric underground space is the setting for this stunning show of the top classic and contemporary hits from the world's best stage musicals. Spring Hill Reservoir, Wickham Tce, Spring Hill. Aug 12, 13 7.30pm; Aug 13, 14 1.30pm. Tickets $49-$79 plus book fee available online.
- Sample Gags - Get your laughing gear on for this hilarious variety cabaret featuring saucy folk duo, The Warmwaters, Bogan philosopher Cliffy, and #FirstWorldWhiteGirls at the Judith Wright Centre for Contemporary Art. 420 Brunswick St Fortitude Valley. Aug 12 7.30pm Tickets $36-$42 available online
- The Devine Miss Bette - Fans of Bette Midler won't want to miss this outstanding cabaret-style performance by Catherine Alcorn, featuring all of the Divine Miss M's greatest hits combined with a Dinner and Show package. Ipswich Civic Centre, 50 Nicholas St Ipswich Aug 13 7.30pm Tickets $55-$60 available online
- Miss Fisher's Speakeasy Pop-up Bar with Roaring '20's Music - Old Government House is the setting for a 1920s cocktail party with the Charleston and music from the era, to coincide with a night visit to the Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries Costume Exhibition. 2 George St Brisbane. Aug 12 6pm-9pm (Exhibition open till 8pm) Tickets $55-$60 available online
- Prison Movie Nights - The notorious Boggo Road Gaol movies are back this Friday night with a screening of The King's all time classic Jailhouse Rock – combine it with a spooky pre-movie ghost tour of the historic gaol. Boggo Road Gaol, Annerley Rd, Dutton Park. Aug 12. Tour 6.30pm. Movie 7.30pm. Tickets $15-$35 available online
- Parks Alive - The second in 3 weekends of fun garden-based festivities including music, themed picnics, talks and workshops for all the family are on at South Bank's Epicurious Garden and the City Botanic Gardens on Sunday. Free. Bookings required for workshops/activities/events. Book here
- QPSR Troop Train Sunday - Turn the clock back to the war years with a ride on a 'Troop Train' transformed to appear just as they did in wartime, complete with real 'troops' as well as military and dance displays, drills and re-enactments. Swanbank Station, Ipswich. Aug 14 9am-4.10pm. A $18 Child/Conc $9. Family $45 Tickets available online
- Becoming Bette - Enjoy a riotous night of intimate theatre in Brisbane's new indie performance space - the 1930's Paddington Substation - with this colourful, coming of age show by Elizabeth Scales about a Brisbane woman's quest to become the next diva. 150 Enoggera Tce Paddington; Aug 12-13 7.30pm. (Doors open 7pm for cash bar). Tickets $20 available online
- BoulderFest 2016 - One of Australia's most anticipated climbing festivals/competitions where attendees can choose to stay on the ground and enjoy the pop-up stalls & action as a spectator or compete to climb some of the 160 new boulder problems set exclusively for the festival. Urban Climb, 17 Roy St, Milton. Aug 13th.
For source, and ticket/pricing information and websites; http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/entertainment/your-brisbane/must-do-brisbane-10-things-to-do-this-weekend-august-1214-20160810-gqpoyy.html